Saturday, March 21, 2009

Off to California!

The conference I’ve been working on since August starts Sunday! In some ways, it feels like my own wedding all over again. I did so much work on it for the year leading up to it, and when it was so close, I was all nerves and excitement and manic joy and frantic worry hoping that it didn’t rain (it didn’t) and that it would turn out well (it did).

I feel the same way now. At the conference, I’ll be creating a daily newsletter, taking pictures, and talking to the attendees to get good testimonials for marketing next year’s conference. It sounded like a piece of cake until now. While I’ve done as much work as I can on the newsletter, I’m still nervous. My days will be packed from around 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. each night, and I'll have to meet the newsletter deadlines in those times plus help to handle any crises that happen.

And I'm always anxious about traveling alone. While I think that dying in an airplane crash would be a pretty good way to go (just a few minutes of pure terror, and then you're dead), of course I'd prefer not to crash! Plus I'll be gone from Dave for two full weekends plus a week, which sucks. And I'll miss the cats!

I will be SO happy on Thursday at 5 p.m. when the conference ends and I can head to San Francisco for a fun weekend.

I'm off to San Jose. Wish me luck!

(Photo is Dave's from 2000.)