Wednesday, March 25, 2009

i want to work for adobe

My hero of the day: Jim Sartain. He's the senior director of software quality at Adobe and was one of our keynote speakers. Wow! His talk was so inspiring! He talked about the processes he's using at Adobe to achieve significant increases in quality and decreases in rework (this is pretty much what this conference is about.) But his philosophy is coaching instead of mandating, and letting his teams choose which processes they want to adopt and then letting the teams hold themselves accountable. I would love to work for him!

What's more, when I introduced myself and told him I'd be taking pictures, he offered to get up onstage right then so that I could get a good shot. He's great--he seems really down to earth. I made sure to tell him how much I love Adobe products!