- I agree with Kim G. that season four was the best. I really loved the kids! Since season four, like Kate T., I’ve thought about adopting a poor inner-city kid, or fostering. But I can’t even get Dave to agree to adopt a dog, much less a juvenile delinquent.
- I couldn’t look at the city editor Gus without thinking of our favorite Lawrenceville public safety advocate—are they like twins or what? And the stuff that Templeton made up? I definitely think that some of the news is made up. Given all of the journalists in all of the media, there has to be some unethical people mixed in.
- At least none of my favorites got killed in season five.
- I'm happy that there was one good ending with Bubbles.
- Because I’m reading Homicide—nonfiction based on David Simon’s year with the Baltimore homicide unit—I realized that not only are the characters on The Wire based on real people, but a good bit of the dialogue on the show was real dialogue from the book. No wonder the show seems so real!
3 days ago