Friday, February 20, 2009

I Love Free Weekends

This weekend will be one of only two completely free weekends I've had since the holidays. I have no plans with friends or family. And I've just (as of Noon) completed a major work project that I've been working overtime on for the past few weeks, so I won't have to work this weekend. It will be just Dave and me, free to do whatever we want. Oh, how I love weekends like that! But it's hard to choose what to do from all the things I want to do. I wish I had time to do them all. Man, if I worked part-time or had more than three free hours in the workday, I could be so much more productive! Decisions, decisions.
  1. Finish my vacation scrapbook from 2005. I'm so behind and need to get caught up, and I'm almost done with 2005, so I think this is a definite.
  2. Try out some new recipes. This is also a definite. I've been going through all my old cooking magazines and flagging new recipes to try and last night bought stuff to try out two new appetizers.
  3. Sew a new purse.
  4. Clean out closets. Pretty much one of my all-time favorite activities!
  5. Do some major spring cleaning. I need to tackle things I usually don't get to, like doing paint touch-ups of all the wood trim and wiping down all the walls, which takes forever.
  6. Clean out the basement. I started this in the winter, but it's a project that will take about 1 million years.
  7. Create a landscaping plan for my backyard. This is really Dave's job, but I warned him that if he doesn't help, I'm going to just do whatever I want on my own. Usually the threat of my tackling any home project is enough to get him moving.
  8. Go to Ikea. I've been making a list of things I need, like candles and lightbulbs, so I think a trip is in order.
  9. See Friday the 13th. I'm not sure Dave will take me to see it. He got really embarrassed when I screamed throughout The Amityville Horror remake. It's a guarantee that I'll be the loudest and longest screamer in the audience...do I dare?
  10. Do nothing but read David Simon's Homicide with Grubble sleeping on my lap. Hmm...that might be the best option yet!
Whatever I do, I know I'll enjoy it. Hope you enjoy your weekend too!