Thursday, February 19, 2009

Hooray! Prague!

I’m so happy! I’ll be going to Prague this June for work, and I’ve been worried that Dave couldn’t go with me. The flights are really expensive, and there would be two full days of travel, so Dave was waffling on whether it was worth it. I’ve been anxious about having to travel there and back by myself…and I’d want to do some sightseeing but am not at all confident in my ability to get around on my own in a foreign country without getting ripped off or hurt. And it just wouldn’t be as much fun without Dave there.

So last night he decided to go! Yay!!!! It looks like a side-trip to Vienna is really doable (just five hours away), though I love the idea of renting a car and exploring small Eastern European towns. If we drove all over the south island of New Zealand, where not only do you drive on the left side of the road but the steering wheel is on the right side of the car, on narrow, windy roads clinging to the sides of high cliffs with no guardrails, surely we could get around Eastern Europe? And Romania…ah, if we could go to Romania! That’s number one on my wish list of places to visit, but I think it’s too far away. We’ll have to see…now that we know he’s definitely going, this will be the fun part: planning out what we want to do there. Yay!!!