Tuesday, May 26, 2009

i love my garden!

Over the past month we've planted a bunch of perennials in the square we cut out of the concrete patio. Here are the before pictures. Here's what it looks like now!We got the rocks from a demolished house on the side of Route 28 instead of paying $11 per rock from Home Depot. I spend every evening I can after work outside, and Dave and I eat dinner most nights at the little bistro table, which is completely private and secluded from our neighbors. I love this space! I'll post more pictures as the plants grow in. Here's a list of what I planted:
  • Grey Creeping Thyme
  • Spiderswort
  • Lamb's Ears
  • Elijah Blue Fescue Grass
  • Blue Oat Grass
  • Geranium
  • Coneflower
  • Moss Saxifrage
  • Sea Thrift
  • Mountain Bluet
  • Emerald Blue Creeping Phlox
  • Columbine
  • Meadow Sage (Purple Salvia)
  • Stratosphere White
  • Artemisia Silver Mound
  • Ghost Fern
  • Fountain Grass
  • Tickweed
  • Jacob's Ladder
  • Miscanthus Morning Light Grass