I'm rarely successful at re-creating at home a meal I had in a restaurant, but this was an exception. I'm sure the version at Lot 17 is better, but this is really good and easy to make. And it keeps well for lunch the next day.
Open-Faced Veggie Pita
(or really any veggies you want)
1. Cut up your veggies. Lot 17 had them in big slices, but I cut mine in julienne strips or smaller chunks so they roasted more quickly.
2. Toss with about 1 tsp olive oil in a bowl.
3. Put them in a single layer on a coated baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Bake at 400 F until they're roasted. I had small pieces so only had them in for a little over 10 minutes before they were done.
5. Spread a pita with pesto sauce, add the roasted veggies, and top with shredded asiago cheese. Put them back in the oven for about 5 minutes until the cheese has melted.
1 week ago