Friday, January 16, 2009

Miami Won Me Over

I liked Miami! I knew it was going to be warm...but 80 and so humid? Warm ocean water? It was a shock to my system. My mind couldn't get around it, so I refused to put on the AC in my hotel room and sweated through the nights. But there was a lot to see and do, and I liked walking around and checking out as much as I could. Here are some of the highlights...
A beach walk was a nice way to see the beach but not have to go onto it and get all sandy. It went all along Miami Beach so that I could walk from my hotel (at 39th Street) to South Beach (10th Street) easily. This is a view from the beach walk down to the beach.

Yikes!
My favorite part of Miami was walking along the beach at sunrise.

The Art Deco District in South Beach had a lot of cool buildings.

See the rest of my pictures on Flickr.