Monday, June 22, 2009

first day of bus-bike combo commute

My parking permit at work was approved, but I canceled it. Following my resolution to take my bike on the bus in the morning and bike home after work, I started today after getting a new helmet and a tune-up from Dave.

Dave and I also did a test run on Saturday--biking from our house to my office in Oakland and back. I have to admit that the trip up Polish Hill wasn't as bad as I thought it would be! The return trip down through Polish Hill was pretty fun.

The hardest parts of my first day--figuring out how to use the bus bike racks and the bike racks in our garage--are over. Now I'm looking forward to a fun ride home!

Have you considered biking or taking public transportation even one day of the week? Visit Bike Pittsburgh's site to learn about their Car-Free Fridays program.