Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Religious forgiveness...for NOT being racist???

With so many good quotes in the news these days, I find myself constantly sending emails to friends linking to the best of them. I think they're getting fed up with me. So here's a blog devoted to stuff in the media that makes me shake my head, laugh, and ask why anyone would agree to have their name associated with such a quote. Oh, and the "'N At" part is Pittsburghese for "and whatever else I want to blog about."

First quote!

Source:
For South, a Waning Hold on Politics, November 11, 2008, The New York Times
Background: Southerners aren't happy about Obama winning the election.

Don Dollar, the administrative assistant at City Hall, said bitterly that anyone not upset with Mr. Obama’s victory should seek religious forgiveness.

“This is a community that’s supposed to be filled with a bunch of Christian folks,” he said. “If they’re not disappointed, they need to be at the altar.”